1. Adult: Bring the forbidden rice and 1 ¾ cups salted water to a boil in a medium pot over high heat. When the mixture boils, turn heat down to medium-low, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes. Remove from heat and allow the rice to cool to room temperature.
2. Adult: Peel and chop the mango and transfer to a large bowl. Zest the lime and transfer to a separate, small bowl.
3. Kid: Separate the pomegranate’s seeds from the peel and membrane and transfer the seeds to the bowl with the mango. Juice the lime into a cup and add 2 tablespoons of the lime’s juice to the small bowl with the lime’s zest.
4. Together: Whisk the avocado oil and honey into the lime juice and zest mixture. Season with salt to taste.
- Forbidden or black rice is a short grained variety which can be found in the grain or ethnic food sections
of most grocery stores.