Pesto is one of the most versatile sauces in the kitchen. You can add to chicken, fish, use as a dip for breads, and put on pasta.
- 1/2 tbs garlic
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 cups basil, fresh
- 6 tbs parmesan cheese
1. Put basil, pine nuts and garlic in a food processor and pulse until fairly smooth.
2. Pour 3/4 of the olive oil into the running processor in a steady stream until mixture is thick but liquid.
4. Add grated Parmesan and continue to process.
5. Adjust to desired consistency with remaining oil.
6. Cover and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.